Alongside the standard food parcel, food banks try to provide other essential non-food items to adults and children in crisis.
The list sets out what food banks generally need the most, but please always check with your local food bank before donating to see what supplies they are currently most in need of.
- Toiletries – deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, tooth paste, hand wipes
- Household items – laundry liquid detergent, laundry powder, washing up liquid
- Feminine products – sanitary towels and tampons
- Baby supplies – nappies, baby wipes and baby food
- Face masks and hand sanitiser