Whether you’re giving out food to people in crisis at a foodbank centre or helping sort clothes for our charity shops, we could not operate without people like you giving your time. An amazing 40,000 volunteers helped us last year.
Join our team of volunteers
You can volunteer anything from a few hours to two days a week…
We really value any contribution you make, your time and skills could be just what we need.
We want you to enjoy volunteering and there are lots of ways to get involved. Whatever role you choose, you will make a real difference to the life of someone in crisis.
Approximately over 40,000 people across the UK volunteered with a foodbank in 2015/16, helping The Trussell Trust get emergency food to people in crisis.
→ Contact your nearest foodbank to get involved with foodbank volunteering opportunities near you.
“It’s a great feeling to go home after a day at the foodbank centre knowing that someone won’t go hungry that night.”
– Foodbank volunteer
Explore the various types of volunteering activities and find the right fit for you. Here are just a few examples:
Foodbanks weigh, sort and store donated food before it’s made into parcels for clients to collect. You could help in this vital work to help us ensure we have the right food available at all times.
Working in a foodbank centre
Meet clients and give out food parcels. Have an informal chat with clients over a cup of tea, to discuss their situation and signpost to further support.
Help out at a foodbank supermarket collection encouraging people to donate and collect items.
“I find it rewarding in many ways; good company, plenty of laughs and the chance to help those in society who are in genuine and desparate need. The hours I volunteer are ideal and I still have plenty of time to enjoy my retirement in other ways.”
– Peter, Volunteer
Social Enterprise volunteers
“Volunteering at The Trussell Trust has turned my world around. It does me good, as well as allowing me to help others.”
– Shop volunteer
As well as helping with our foodbanks, you could also get involved with our various social enterprise projects currently in Wiltshire, Dorset and Hampshire.
Where we have shops (Salisbury, Verwood, Ferndown, Winton, Boscombe, Ringwood and Farnborough)
- Working in our shops
- Donating good quality clothes, furniture and other items to our shops
- Collecting and delivering furniture
In Salisbury only
- Sorting and preparing donations at our recycling centre
- Getting involved with our gardening project
- Bobbin stripping at the recycling centre
- Helping with Christmas Boxes
- Selling online for our Amazon, Ebay, Etsy and Music Magpie project
For Salisbury and Social Enterprise volunteering:
- Overseas projects – Christmas shoebox sorting in Salisbury – 14-25th November
- Salisbury Foodbank – harvest festival food sorting (Oct), Christmas food box and hamper making (Nov & Dec), Supermarket collection (1-3 Dec)
- Community Money Advice – budget and debt advisors (training given)
- Social Enterprise – sorting and preparing donations (Salisbury), van driver’s mates (Salisbury & Ferndown)
- Shops – Salisbury, Winton, Verwood, Boscombe, Ferndown, Ringwood and Farnborough
- Head office – supporting our fundraising, network or volunteering teams
- Salisbury Foodbank – fundraising, sorting food donations, van driver, Holiday Clubs, foodbank distribution centre/café, Eat Well Spend Less training course
- Social Enterprise – Furniture upcycling (Salisbury)
For all Social Enterprise and Salisbury volunteering opportunities please either:
Download an application form –
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Monica or Liz on 01722 580 184
We look forward to hearing from you!