Trussell Trust charity retail has nine shops and a donations warehouse run by a small staff team and a large team of amazing volunteers. Many of our volunteers gain valuable experience, build confidence and grow in life skills
We are always looking for volunteers to join our friendly team, and here are more reasons why
- Be part of the retail team, supporting us to raise vital funds
- Gain new skills and experience
- Meet new people
- Make a difference to others’ lives
- Provide a listening ear
Please email [email protected] to apply
Our shops are designed to do more than just raise funds. Each shop aims to become a hub of the local community
What we do
- Nine community shops
- Two online shops – Ebay and Depop
- One warehouse
- Our fortnightly market – ran by a passionate and dedicated team of volunteers
- Recycling useable textiles to make accessories to sell in our shops
- Our unsaleable textiles salvage, bric-a-brac, and metal are recycled generating further income –please see the great ways they are recycled
- Unsaleable books, CDs and DVDs are sold through Music Magpie and Ziffitt to raise further funds.
‘‘The Trussell Trust shop is so much more than a charity shop: it gives me a reason to get up in the morning.” – Volunteer
Pat – A Trussell Trust retail volunteer
Pat has volunteered at the Trussell Trust’s Catherine Street shop in Salisbury since 2017. After her husband passed away, Pat was looking for something she could do that could make a difference in her local community. She heard about the volunteering opportunity with the Trussell Trust – and the rest is history!
Today Pat supports the team by manning the till, overseeing donations, and helping with displays and provides excellent customer service. Customers of all ages love to chat to her and she enjoys meeting such a wide variety of people. Pat’s knowledge of Salisbury also comes in useful with all the tourists that come into the shop!
She’s a great ambassador for new volunteers, as well as a big asset to the team, and her confidence has grown enormously throughout her time as a volunteer.
The shop team hugely value her friendly, happy outlook, as well as her reliability and commitment. For Pat, volunteering twice a week keeps her active and gives her purpose – she says “I don’t know what I’d do without it.”
At the Trussell Trust we know just how valuable our volunteers are, and people like Pat are a vital part of our work.