We are committed to working with people who have experience of living in difficult financial situations so we’re assembling a panel of people whose lived experience can help shape our work. Together we can create lasting change and work towards a future where everyone has enough money for essentials.
Who are we looking for?
The Trussell Trust is looking for twelve people from across the UK from a mix of backgrounds who have first-hand experience of using foodbanks or facing financial hardship. Training, expenses and thank you gifts are offered to all participants.
What do you need to do once you’ve joined the panel?
- Meet regularly with each other, with Trussell Trust and food bank team members to learn more about each other and the Together for Change strategy.
- Focus on the part of the strategy that is of most interest to you – Changing Policy, Changing Minds or Changing Communities.
- Take part in training and development activities
- Help to design and take part in conversations and projects that contribute towards our goal of ending the need for food banks.
- Take part in public events (optional).
- Work with the Trussell Trust to improve our participation approach.
- Support others who are facing financial hardship to participate.
Applications to join the panel are now closed.
Where and how will we meet?
We’ll primarily meet online (usually on Zoom) but later in the year (and government guidelines permitting), we hope to meet face to face at least once.
Join a one-time workshop
Who? Anyone from the UK who has personal experience of struggling against poverty and wants to contribute to bringing change.
What? Join a friendly workshop where the Trussell Trust will set a challenge or ask a question to inform our future plans. This could be about how we are seen by members of the public, how we speak about our work or how we work in local communities. Each conversation will be unique.
Where? On video conference (usually using the Zoom platform).
To register your interest in joining future workshops, please email [email protected]