Race Against Hunger
How to fundraise online
Whether you’re joining the Race Against Hunger, because you are looking for a challenge, if you or a friend has needed a food bank, or just because you want to help make change, it’s down to people like you that we can build a future without the need for food banks.
You can choose to fundraise however you like, but the easiest way to raise money is with a Race Against Hunger fundraising page:
- It’s quick to sort out and simple to use
- You can fundraise on your own or as part of a group
- Your friends and family can sponsor you easily
- You can keep track of donations
- There’s no need to use a sponsor form to keep track of donations
- Your page will be automatically created when you register for the event
Tips to help you fundraise
Here are a few tips designed to help you share your amazing challenge – Your Race Against Hunger:
- Tell people what you’re doing and why, letting them know how grateful you’d be for any donations to get you off to a flying start.
- Add a photo to your fundraising page so that it’s made more personal and also your supporters can instantly recognise your page.
- Add the Facebook banner attached to this email to your Facebook page so that everyone can see you are taking part in this brilliant challenge.
- Post an update every so often asking people to help you get to the next fundraising milestone, e.g. “Thanks everyone for helping me reach £100! Can anyone help me get to £150? [link to your page here]”.
- Thank people publicly on social media for their donation.
- Shout about your training including a link to your fundraising page e.g. “Just back from a 2k training run, furthest I have ever run. Your support really motivates me to get out there! [link to your page here]”.
- Payday or towards the end of the month is a good time to ask for donations.
Top Tip: Take a photo of your trainers and post it on Facebook with the link to your fundraising page. Let everyone know about the brilliant challenge that you are taking part in.
All donations made to your fundraising page will be transferred to the Trussell Trust automatically, so you don’t need to do anything.
If you have any cash donations you can:
- Pay them into your bank and donate via your fundraising page
- Send any cheques to: The Trussell Trust, Unit 9, Ashfield Trading Estate, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP2 8BJ. Please include the reference ‘RAH’ and your name
- Direct bank transfer – our bank account details are:
The Trussell Trust
Sort Code: 16-00-21
Account no: 41129077
Just let us know when you make the donation, the amount and under what name and reference. This way we can identify your donation from the bank statement.