Race against hunger
How to fundraise online
Whether you’re joining the Race Against Hunger, because you are looking for a challenge, if you or a friend has needed a food bank, or just because you want to help make change, it’s down to people like you that we can build a future without the need for food banks.
You can choose to fundraise however you like, but the easiest way to raise money is with a Race Against Hunger fundraising page:
- It’s quick to sort out and simple to use
- You can fundraise on your own or as part of a group
- Your friends and family can sponsor you easily
- You can keep track of donations
- There’s no need to use a sponsor form to keep track of donations
- Your page will be automatically created when you register for the event
Tips to help you fundraise
Here are a few tips designed to help you share your amazing challenge – Your Race Against Hunger:
- Tell people what you’re doing and why, letting them know how grateful you’d be for any donations to get you off to a flying start.
- Add a photo to your fundraising page so that it’s made more personal and also your supporters can instantly recognise your page.
- Add the Facebook banner attached to this email to your Facebook page so that everyone can see you are taking part in this brilliant challenge.
- Post an update every so often asking people to help you get to the next fundraising milestone, e.g. “Thanks everyone for helping me reach £100! Can anyone help me get to £150? [link to your page here]”.
- Thank people publicly on social media for their donation.
- Shout about your training including a link to your fundraising page e.g. “Just back from a 2k training run, furthest I have ever run. Your support really motivates me to get out there! [link to your page here]”.
- Payday or towards the end of the month is a good time to ask for donations.
Top Tip: Take a photo of your trainers and post it on Facebook with the link to your fundraising page. Let everyone know about the brilliant challenge that you are taking part in.
All donations from your fundraising page will come to us directly. But if you have some cash donations, please do add them as offline donations on your fundraising page, so your supporters can see the final total.
How to do add offline donations:
Open your fundraising page (make sure you are logged into the platform) and on the right side you will see a green button ‘+ Add offline donation’. Click on it and the platform will guide you through the process. To see the instructions in more details, please click here. The monies you can send to the Trussell Trust directly and you can find all the options to do this here. Please make sure to include your name and ‘RAH’ (Race Against Hunger) as reference, so we can link the donation to your event. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch at [email protected]