Customer Service Volunteer
Location: Ashfield Trading Estate, Ashfield Road, Salisbury, SP2 7HL
When: Shifts available Mon-Fri 10:00 – 15:00 (times are flexible)
Time commitment: 5 hours per week
Overview of the role: This is a vital role in supporting the Network Services team to answer phone calls and emails from the public, people seeking food, donors and referral agencies. We’re looking for people who have excellent customer service skills, who want to help others, are tolerant and open-minded.
- Answer phone calls and respond to email enquiries from the public, people seeking food, donors and referral agencies.
- Advise people seeking food how they can get help, direct them to their local food bank and explain how the voucher system works.
- Explain that the food banks within our network are separate organisations, so look after their own referral partners and donations and direct them to their local food bank.
- Answer common queries about the types of donations that can be accepted by food banks.
- Keeping an accurate record of calls and emails to be reported back to Network Services Manager.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality
- Passionate about the work of the Trussell Trust and is sympathetic to its values and ethos
- Over 18 years old.
Benefits of volunteering
- Using your existing skills to make a difference
- Meet new people who share your passion to eradicate poverty in the community
- Make a real difference to people seeking food by advising them where and how they can get help
- Opportunities to be involved in project work and enhance or learn new skills
Impact of your role
- Providing vital support to the Network Services team by helping to answer the large volume of calls and emails received
- Ensuring all enquiries are responded to promptly
- Providing important information to people seeking food or wishing to donate
You will have an induction into the role and be given all the required training and support.
You will have a main contact throughout your time volunteering.