All Trussell Trust foodbanks are launched in partnership with local churches and communities, because these are best placed to meet local needs.
We’ll provide you with all the tools, training and know-how to start a foodbank, so that people in crisis in your town don’t have to go hungry.
How the network began
We launched our first foodbank in a garden shed and garage in Salisbury in 2000. The demand for its services was so large that we carried out research into the UK-wide need for foodbanks and discovered that short-term hunger was a nationwide problem.
The Foodbank Network was founded in 2004 based on the successful Salisbury Foodbank model. Since then we’ve partnered with churches and communities nationwide to launch over 440 foodbanks in a wide range of towns and cities.
We want to create a nation where no-one has to go hungry, could your community help make that a reality?
What we offer
When you join The Trussell Trust Foodbank Network, we will provide:
- Full training
- An operating manual
- Ongoing support from national staff team and an Area Manager
- Template website tailored to your foodbank with your own content management system
- Branding artwork (including leaflets, banners, etc.)
- An online forum
- Data Collection System
- Annual audits and quality assurance process
- Corporate relationships – discounts and services (e.g. many Trussell Trust foodbanks are able to hold supermarket collections in local Tesco stores and receive a cash ‘top-up’ on what is donated)
- National and regional conferences
Foodbanks are asked to make a contribution of £1,500 during the first year of the foodbank development and £360 each consecutive year. This contribution helps towards the costs of delivering the many services to foodbanks.
In 2014-15 we were delighted to provide foodbanks in The Trussell Trust network with £1.68 million of funding through our partnership with Tesco, £921,000 of donated goods and £137,000 financial grants.
Whatever your size or resources, you can make a big difference!
Contact a foodbank
If you would like more information, or to visit a foodbank to see how it works, contact the Foodbank Network Team:
T: 01722 580171