Find a foodbank
What We Do
What We Do
How food banks work
Research & Advocacy
Find a Food Bank
Ways to Give
Start a Food bank
Tesco Food Collection
Our strategic plan
Vision & Values
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Meet our team
News & Blog
News & Blog
Press & Media
Keep up to date
Find a foodbank
In this section
Consent Form – Sharing Your Story Publicly
For sharing your story publicly.
for letting us talk with you and work together on sharing your story. By sharing your experience, you’re helping increase the public’s understanding of why food banks are needed and how we can change things in the future. Your story and any accompanying creative content we’ve worked on together (eg photos, videos etc) may be shown in magazines, newspapers and other printed and online material. This includes the internet, on social media (ie Facebook and Twitter), and in any other communications materials. We will not use your name in any publication unless you have provided your permission for us to do so. Your contributions are stored securely and may be re-used multiple times by the Trussell Trust.
We will not use your name in any publication unless you have provided your permission for us to do so.
Can the Trussell Trust use your real name?
You can always change your decision at a later date
Who am I
I am filling in this form for myself (adult aged 18 or over)
I am filling in this form on behalf of a child under the age of 18 and I am the parent or legal guardian of that child
If you are filling in this form for yourself and on behalf of someone under the age of 18, please submit your form separately.
What you agree to (legal details)
- You grant the Trussell Trust the right to use your written story and/or any accompanying creative content (photos/videos etc) in our material, which will be shared with press publishers as well as distributors online. Where you provide your consent, we will also share your information with selected partners to promote the work of the Trussell Trust.t.
- You acknowledge that any material published online may be seen and accessed globally.
- If you are giving consent on behalf of a child under the age of 18, you are declaring that you are the legal guardian of that child.
I agree that I have read and understand 'What you agree to'
I give my permission for the Trussell Trust to distribute my contributions in the following formats:
What the Trussell Trust promises
The Trussell Trust is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z279027X.
All information will be kept securely by the Trussell Trust in accordance with the Data protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR.
- We will keep your data securely at all times.
We will keep your information for no longer than 5 years.
Your data will only be used for the purposes you clearly agree to in this form.
- We may share your first name in our materials if you have given us permission. If you don’t want us to use your name, please tick the
box at the beginning of this form.
- Your details will never be sold to another organisation.
- You have a right to object if you think we are not using your data properly.
- You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. Contact the Trussell Trust if you want to withdraw your permission at
. We will stop using your data straight away.
We may need to continue to hold just only enough information to make sure we don’t use your data in future. Any published material cannot be withdrawn and materials published online, although withdrawn, may still be accessible on the internet.
- You have a right to know what data we hold. Contact the Trussell Trust and if you want to check what data we have about you.
If you want to know more about your data rights and privacy, a full data privacy statement is available on our website:
I have read and understand 'What the Trussell Trust promises'
Stay in touch
Your Email Address
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.