Responsible to: Retail Director
Salary: £15,000 per annum plus benefits
Hours 22.5 hours per week
Based: Home based but with regular travel to all shops in the
Reporting to the Retail Director, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional standards within the Health & Safety and Facilities arena, in a solution focussed manner, ensuring full compliance for our small charity retail department consisting of 9 shops and 1 warehouse. Our vision is for a UK without the need for foodbanks. Raising vital funds through our retail projects, to support the TT strategy is paramount, therefore we must work in cost effective ways ensuring our expenditure remains low to achieve this.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Oversee the Health and Safety function within the retail department in line with our policies and conduct regular Health and Safety, security audits and risk assessments of the shops, as required, ensuring that all required mandatory inspection tasks are completed and any necessary remedial measures are implemented.
- Maintain all Health and Safety documentation and ensure all required plans and actions are in place for each of the retail sites.
- Carry out accident and near miss investigations and where required report any RIDDOR incidents to the Health and Safety Executive
- Ensure all required mandatory training is completed and recorded on Smartlog by the retail team and maintain an adequate number of First Aid and Fire Warden trained members of staff.
- In conjunction with the senior team, update and edit the shops’ operating manual to ensure that it reflects current best practice as well as initiate and implement new processes, where required.
- Support the Retail department through excellent internal and external stakeholder management, building positive relationships between teams across the Trussell Trust.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication is given to internal and external sources when required.
- Safeguarding lead for the retail team, ensuring safe practices and processes are followed, adhering to actions and plans as advised.
- Manage all aspects of property leasing, negotiating new leases, rent reviews and dilapidations
- Arrange both preventative and reactive repairs and maintenance and project manage refurbishments and renovations in line with CDM guidelines
- Procurement of all required items associated with the shops and generate purchase orders in line with finance systems.
- Build and maintain key relationships with vendor/contract account managers, act as first point of contact for internal and external customers and provide issue resolution.
Any other reasonable duties as specified by your line manager to support the work of the Trust
How to apply
Submit your application by no later than 12 pm on Friday 17th September. We reserve the right to close early or extend this date depending on the number of applicants. Initial telephone interviews will take place on the 22nd September and second interviews on the 29th September.
Please note, incomplete or speculative applications will not be considered. If you have any difficulties completing your application using the online portal email [email protected] and we will do what we can to help you. The Trussell Trust is committed to achieving greater diversity and welcomes applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief, or disability.