Accountable for the accurate and timely processing of financial information in line with the Trust’s systems and keeping records in good order. The role provides quality information and compliant service to support strategic decision making and build a solid foundation for an evolving organisation.
- Process payments and maintain purchase ledger – process expenses, invoices and other payments in XLedger for payment in a timely and accurate manner and reviews supplier statements and outstanding items regularly and efficiently.
- Compliance and internal controls – Ensure relevant authorisations are obtained, and safeguards and protocols are followed about data protection, internal financial controls, and ethical standards.
- Act as the first point contact for purchasing queries – primary management of the shared finance email inbox; Acting as the first point of contact for external and internal questions. Ensures high levels of customer service and effective representation of the Finance Team and the Trust.
- Organisation – Maintain paperwork in an orderly manner: current/prior year records to remain accessible yet secure, older items archived and destroyed when appropriate. Ensuring proper records are maintained in the financial system.
- Finance Team assistance – Support finance team colleagues in providing information to other parties as appropriate, e.g.: as budget holding colleagues, fundraising colleagues, or external auditors.
Technical skills and minimum knowledge:
- Relevant bookkeeping qualification (e.g., AAT) or QBE
- Experience in a similar role, ideally working with large transactional volumes.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the implications of accurate record keeping.
- Able to identify situations where any risk of non-compliance/adherence may arise
- Adept at working with accounting systems and MS applications.
Behaviours and competencies:
- Has a clear idea of priorities and manages own time appropriately by delivering key outputs and replies to requests in a timely fashion
- Adopts a customer service approach when communicating with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates resilience, resourcefulness, flexibility, and perseverance
- Demonstrates personal integrity and commitment to compliance and ethical standards
- Demonstrates empathy for people from disadvantaged, marginalised or socially excluded backgrounds
- Role models inclusive behaviours and values
- Demonstrate a commitment to the values of the Trussell Trust
- All Staff
- The Finance Team
The Trussell Trust is a charity that works to end the need for food banks. It is founded on and shaped by Christian principles.
Our values of dignity, justice, compassion and community, are central to all that we do and therefore supports our aim to be an organisation where the diversity of all employees is valued. We welcome people of all faiths and none and those that are committed to these values.
We recognise that we have under-represented groups within our workforce. As part of our commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity we are actively encouraging applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions and those with a lived experience of poverty as well as any other under-represented group in our workforce. We are committed ensuring the safety and protection of our employees from all forms of harm.
How to apply
Please submit your application no later than 9am 5th December. We reserve the right to close early or extend this date depending on the number of applicants.
Interviews will be held on 11th December 2023.
Please note, incomplete or speculative applications will not be considered. If you have any difficulties completing your application using the online portal email [email protected] and we will do what we can to help you. The Trussell Trust is committed to achieve greater diversity and welcomes applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief or disability.