Why work for us?
People are the most important thing The Trussell Trust has – without our people we could not achieve any of our goals.
Our people are passionate about our cause and the difference it makes in the lives of others.
The benefits package we offer employees to support them in delivering their crucial role includes the following:
- If eligible for automatic enrolment (earning over £10,000 per year and aged between 22 and state pension age), the minimum contribution that you would need to make is 1%. However, all Trussell Trust staff are offered the opportunity to increase their pension contributions to any percentage up to 8% which will be matched by The Trussell Trust. If you are not automatically eligible you can still join the pension scheme on the same terms as all other staff.
- Health cash plan which allows employees to claim money off healthcare bills for chiropody, dental care, optical services (including contact lenses), alternative & complementary therapies, diagnostics and prescriptions.
- myWellbeing: request GP appointments, access support services and find trusted health information
- Gym membership discounted at participating gyms
- Employee assistance scheme with access to 24-hour telephone support and face-to-face counselling
Enhanced sick pay
- 4 weeks of contractual hours on full pay and 4 weeks of contractual hours on half pay after completion of probationary period, remainder at statutory rate
Enhanced contractual leave
- 5 additional days above statutory entitlement (33 days in total including bank holidays) [pro rata for part-time hours]
Potential to buy/sell contractual leave
- Up to five days (pro rata)
Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental leave pay
- 100% of earnings for the first eight weeks, 50% of earnings for the next 12 weeks, remainder at statutory rate
- Core hours 10am – 4pm (where role allows & in agreement with line manager
Group life [death in service] scheme
- 3 x annual salary to nominated beneficiaries
- Three paid days of compassionate leave.